Did you know that Family Tree DNA offers a variety of webinars – both live and recorded – on various DNA topics? Watching or listening to a webinar is a great way to educate yourself on DNA concepts and to make sure you are using the right DNA test kit for your genealogy and family history.
Live Webinars at Family Tree DNA
Currently there are no live webinars scheduled. Use this link to check the upcoming schedule of DNA webinars that are open to Family Tree DNA customers as well as the general public.
Recorded Webinars at Family Tree DNA
Here is a list of recorded webinars available via Family Tree DNA – click here to access individual webinars.
Beginning & General Topics
- Introduction to Family Tree DNA
- myFTDNA: Managing Your Personal Account at Family Tree DNA
- Feature Launch: Interactive Family Tree
- Understanding DNA Results in the Context of Ashkenazi Ancestry
- Brief Introduction to Family Finder
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: Family Finder Inheritance and Matching
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: Family Finder Match Comparison (Using Common Matches, Matrix and Chromosome Browser)
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: myOrigins
- Family Tree DNA Feature Launch: X-Chromosome Matches in Family Finder
- Family Tree DNA Feature Update: myOrigins (Population Finder)
- A Selection of Y-DNA Success Stories at Family Tree DNA
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: Y-DNA Markers, Matching & Genealogy
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: Y-DNA Haplogroups & Deep Ancestry
- Help, My Y-DNA Matches Have a Different Surname!
- Advanced Topics at Family Tree DNA, Part 1: Y-DNA
- Advanced Topics at Family Tree DNA, Part 1 Continued: Y-DNA SNPs & Haplogroups
- Family Tree DNA Product Launch: Getting to Know BIG Y Results
- Family Tree DNA Feature Launch: Big Y Matching
- Family Tree DNA Feature Launch: 2014 Y-DNA Haplotree
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: mtDNA Matching & Genealogy
- Family Tree DNA Results Explained: mtDNA Haplogroups & Deep Ancestry
- Advanced Topics at Family Tree DNA, Part 2: mtDNA
- Mind the GAP: Beginner’s Guide to the Group Administration Page at Family Tree DNA
- GAP Tools: Managing and Analyzing Project Member Results
- Advising Project Members on Y-DNA SNP Testing
- Introduction to Genealogy Research (U.S.)
* * *
Click here to access the Family Tree DNA webinar page.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.