Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at National DNA Day!
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via National DNA Day.
- 3 Tips for Making the Most of Your Ancestry DNA results: “Have you taken the Ancestry DNA test and now you’re wondering what to do with your results? Besides viewing your ethnicity estimate, what else can you do to get the most bang for your buck? ” Click here to read more via The Family Locket
- DNA Day: 11 Things You Might Not Know About DNA: “In honor of DNA Day, here are 11 things about DNA that you may not have known . . .” Click here to read more via MyHeritage
- I’ve taken AncestryDNA, 23andMe, and National Geographic genetics tests — here’s how to choose which one to try: “I’ve sent my spit off for more genetics tests than anyone else I know. These tests analyzed my saliva sample to find out a host of different things that my DNA can tell me about my ancestry and health. ” Click here to read more via Business Insider
- Leonardo da Vinci ‘Relics’ Discovered That Can Potentially Provide His DNA: “The mysterious relics — an object and a piece of organic material — were traced during a decades-long genealogical study into Leonardo’s family.” Click here to read more via The Seeker
- National DNA Day 2017: What It Is & Genetic Genealogy Sales To Look For: “If you follow genealogy folks on Facebook, Twitter or blogs, you might’ve seen mention DNA Day. What, you wonder, is DNA Day? National DNA Day is April 25. It commemorates two landmark events in human genetic research that happened in April . . .” Click here to read more via The Genealogy Insider
- Roots Researcher Discovers DNA Origins: “Chamorro Roots researcher Bernard Punzalan uses historical records to develop the massive archive that helps thousands of Guam’s native inhabitants discover their ancestry. Recently DNA sampling has added another layer.” Click here to read via The Guam Daily Post
- Top 3 Reasons to Test DNA: “We have already discussed the best in DNA education, adoption and the DNA component, and of course, our fun giveaway. But maybe you have yet to decide to jump on the DNA bandwagon. Let me share a few top reasons people are anxious to have their DNA tested.” Click here to read more via The Genealogy Reporter
- Using DNA to Identify an Adoptee’s Family: “Bringing My Cousin Home – presented by Kathleen Reed.” Click here to view – via Vimeo – Hamilton Society Genealogical Society
- Which DNA Test Is Best?: “If you’re reading this article, congratulations. You’re a savvy shopper and you’re doing some research before purchasing a DNA test. You’ve come to the right place. The most common question I receive is asking which test is best to purchase. There is no one single best answer for everyone – it depends on your testing goals and your pocketbook.” Click here to read more via DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.