Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at National DNA Day!
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via National DNA Day.
- A Map of Human History, Hidden in DNA: “The computational biologist John Novembre uses our genetic code to rewrite the history of humanity.” Click here to read via Quanta Magazine
- Can Parents Sue If Their Kid Is Born With the ‘Wrong’ DNA?: “It’s a nightmare scenario straight out of a primetime drama: a child-seeking couple visits a fertility clinic to try their luck with in-vitro fertilization, only to wind up accidentally impregnated by the wrong sperm.” Click here to read more via Gizmodo
- DNA kits help connect us to our personal histories and trace our lineage: “DNA kits help connect us to our personal histories and trace our lineage. On a Wednesday night this spring, I planted myself at my kitchen counter to spit in a test tube that might help me find my roots.” Click here to read more via Reading Eagle
- DNA Tests, and Sometimes Surprising Results: “Think you know your racial background? A communications studies project involving ancestry DNA testing has led to interesting conversations on identity.” Click here to read more via The New York Times
- Flawed DNA test nearly pinned Spokane man for attempted rape in Beverly Hills: “Mark “Woody” Merrifield, pictured here, faced life in prison in an attempted rape case in Beverly Hills, California, after a flawed DNA test pinned him as the culprit. Los Angeles County prosecutors dropped the charges after a second DNA test showed they had the wrong guy.” Click here to read more via The Spokesman-Review
- I took a DNA test. Here’s what I discovered: “I always knew I was a human mutt, and proud of it, too, I might add. Now I have proof.” Click here to read more via Rubén Rosario – Twin Cities Pioneer Press
- Living DNA – I find out more from David Nicholson M.D. of Living DNA: Nick Thorne, The Nosey Genealogist, meets up with David Nicholson M.D. of Living DNA at the recent Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE in Birmingham, England. Click below to view – via The Nosey Genealogist at YouTube
- Prince Ea Uncovers His Roots Through MyHeritage DNA: “Prince Ea discovered that he not only comes from West African descent, but he can also trace his roots back to Europe and Finland. Watch his unique and thought-provoking YouTube video where he describes his experience uncovering his ethnic and geographic origins using MyHeritage DNA.” Click here to read more via MyHeritage Blog
- The Poetry of DNA: “This is about ME. This is about YOU. This is about US, and everyone who lives—and lived—in this world. Thanks to MyHeritage DNA for reminding us that we’re all HUMAN, and one big family.” Click below to view – via Prince EA on YouTube
- What DNA Ancestry Can and Can’t Tell You: “What are the social justice implications of spitting into a test tube?” Click here to read more via Transformation
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.