Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at National DNA Day!
- 23andMe Parkinson’s Research Community Update: “Some of the important Parkinson’s projects launched last year include a pilot study on the feasibility of incorporating de-identified medical records into the data we use for research.” Click here to read more – via 23andMe Blog
- Concepts – Percentage of Ancestors’ DNA: “A very common question is, ‘How much DNA of an ancestor do I carry and how does that affect my ethnicity results?'” Click here to read more – via DNA Explained – Genetic Genealogy
- DNA Testing – Which One Is For Me?: “DNA testing is quickly growing in popularity. Not only do these tests provide insight on your estimated ethnicity makeup, but they also enable you to connect to family members from across the globe.” Click here to read more – via GeniJourney
- I revisited my 23andMe DNA test results that can now tell if you’re at an increased risk of diseases — here’s what it was like: Click here to read more – via Business Insider
- If You Want Life Insurance, Think Twice Before Getting A Genetic Test: “As genetic testing explodes, health insurers are banned from denying coverage based on results. The same doesn’t apply for life insurance.” Click here to read more – via Fast Company
- Meet Your DNA Family—23andMe’s New Ancestry Report: “23andMe’s new Ancestry Report has reimagined how you see these relatives — both close and distant — not just matching you with people with whom you share pieces of DNA, but putting those matches into context that tells you something about yourself.” Click here to read more – via 23andMe Blog
- MyHeritage DNA Challenges Traditional Notion Of Race: “MyHeritage DNA is challenging the idea of checking that one little box to define one’s race. A campaign created by WPP’s Berlin Cameron includes a video featuring rapper and spoken word artist Prince Ea.” Click here to read more – via Marketing Daily
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via National DNA Day.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.